If you think all Black people’s blogs are “social justice” blogs, you’re racist.
I read some newspaper article recently that pretty much summed up Tumblr and the responses to it this way—privileged people who come here are shocked to see marginalized people talking about their experiences, so they think everyone’s just obsessed with social justice, rather than talking about their own lives.
Omg look at petas response
Holy shit what the fuck burn them omg
What the fuuuuuckkkkk.
I eat it all the time! I didn’t know this was happening. I’m team veg because I care about every living thing and this concerns me.
Well…not EVERY living thing. Mosquitos are the worst.
Wow, time to reconsider my quinoa consumption.
"People are perfectly happy to see women as sex objects, but the actual biologic of our bodies is apparently gross and unmentionable."
- Our Bodies, Ourselves.
Angelina Jolie urges action against use of sexual violence as war weapon.
UNHCR ambassador pays tribute to victims of 1995 Srebrenica massacre and meets women raped during war in Bosnia. Earlier on Friday, Jolie took part at a conference in the Bosnian capital on sexual violence in war, organised by the Balkan country’s defence ministry. The pictures are from a video i found from the conference. Not the best quality but it was the only one with subs. edit by me
- the female character most hated by the fandom
- the female character most hated by the writers
and its sequel ‘a quick guide to my least favorite characters’
- the male character most loved by the fandom
Bullseye. Corporations get a tax credit for offering health care. You then don’t get to make exceptions in the insurance. You give back the tax credit or STFU.
Continuation of the same insufferable sexist rant.
WHAT. THE. HELL.I wonder how many men who complain about women working also complain about women being gold diggers?
When it comes to “domestic violence,” even pushing or grabbing can be sufficient to bar gun possession, the U.S. Supreme Court concluded.
They did something right
OH My GOD!! I thought there was no way for this to be real. This is so wonderful!!!!!!!!
It’s about time that the SCOTUS got something right!
I don’t think people understand what a HUGE step forward this is.
- Guns increase the probability of death in incidents of domestic violence.1
- Firearms were used to kill more than two-thirds of spouse and ex-spouse homicide victims between 1990 and 2005.2
- Domestic violence assaults involving a firearm are 12 times more likely to result in death than those involving other weapons or bodily force.3
- Abused women are five times more likely to be killed by their abuser if the abuser owns a firearm.4
- A recent survey of female domestic violence shelter residents in California found that more than one third (36.7%) reported having been threatened or harmed with a firearm.5 In nearly two thirds (64.5%) of the households that contained a firearm, the intimate partner had used the firearm against the victim, usually threatening to shoot or kill the victim.6
- Laws that prohibit the purchase of a firearm by a person subject to a domestic violence restraining order are associated with a reduction in the number of intimate partner homicides.7
Fact: 5.3 million African American men are denied the right to vote based on a past felony conviction.
That means more than 13% of the general African American population (39 mil) and 28% of the male African American population (18.5 mil) are prohibited from voting.
Felony Disenfranchisement is highest in the former slave states and states with a history of civil rights violations like Florida and North Carolina. Today’s red states—particularly in the bible belt—where the Republican voting base is strongest, appear to have vested racist and political interests in permanently separating Black people from their right to vote.
This link provides information on each state’s voting laws for those with a felony record.
Notice the number of times this hasn’t been reblogged. Just continue to turn that blind eye.